15 Everyday Zero Waste Solutions
If you are looking for some ways to help the environment and live more sustainably, this blog is perfect for you! This blog will be talking about how we can all make small changes in our lives that will eventually add up to a big difference. These tips include tons of high quality eco-friendly everyday products that help reduce our impact on the environment. Let’s start making a change today!
Zero Waste Laundry
It's a well-known fact that laundry creates an average of 4.5 pounds of waste for every load. This is unsustainable, and it's also not the only thing that needs to be addressed when doing laundry. The entire process can involve several gallons of water, detergent, fabric softener, bleach - all creating their own form of pollution or environmental damage. We're living in a world where sustainability has become more important than ever before - and it starts with our clothes!
What if I told you there was a way to do laundry that was not only sustainable and planet-friendly, but also more cost effective?
For many years people have been switching over to zero waste laundry. This means there are no water or fabric softeners needed - just soap! There's some upfront costs as we'll need a reusable bag for our dirty clothes and dryer balls if you want your clothes smelling fresh each time they're washed - but these investments will pay off in the long run with both money saved on detergents and sustainability achieved by reducing the number of plastic bags discarded during laundering. Not to mention that it leaves fewer stains on clothing that has already been worn through one trip around the block before being put away into storage until next season rolls up again.
- Paraben & Phosphate free
- Compostable packaging
- Dissolves completely in any water temperature
- Eliminates plastic waste by replacing big detergent jugs
- Set of 4
- 100% Premium Organic New Zealand Wool Dryer Balls (no fillers)
- Softens Laundry Naturally - Made with 100% sheep wool. No Chemicals or Synthetics Used (great for those with sensitive skin & babies)
- Shortens Drying Time - (use 3-4 balls for small/med load, 5-6 for large)
- Saves Energy - by absorbing moisture, drying time is reduced saving energy
- Extra-Large (larger than a tennis ball)
- Eco-friendly, Handmade, Saves Energy
- Lasts for more than 1000 Loads, Replaces Dryer Sheets & Liquid Fabric Softeners, Saves Money. (An eco-friendly, petroleum-free alternative to plastic dryer steamer balls)
Zero Waste Shopping
One of the most difficult parts of going zero waste for many people is remembering to bring a reusable bag or container with them when they go clothes shopping. It's easy enough at the grocery store because you're there specifically for groceries - but if you find yourself picking up other items while out and about, it can be hard to remember that your old cotton bags aren't going to cut it.
This is where a reusable shopping bag comes in handy! There are many types of these on the market, and they range from simple cloth baskets that fold up easily for storage when not in use, or you can opt for more traditional looking fabric totes if that's your style. Keep one by your front door so you're never caught off guard and stuck with those flimsy plastic bags again! Here are some of our favorites!
- Help eliminate plastic use by carrying your groceries home in reusable, biodegradable produce bags
- Reduce food waste with these large and small muslin grocery bags
- Choose from 3 designs to fit the size of your favorite produce
- No more bothering with plastic shopping bags that take up space- store your fruit and veggies inside a breathable bag!
- Lightweight and easy to carry
- Superior quality that doesn't tear easily
- Multipurpose but perfect for groceries!
- Sturdy straps that last
Zero Waste Kitchen
Being sustainability conscious at the kitchen can be as simple as switching to more planet friendly everyday items we use. Did you know that the average person consumes 4.40 pounds of daily waste? These reusable products can help you get started on your planet friendly journey.
- 3 eco-friendly beeswax food wraps
- Keeps food fresh longer than plastics
- Reusable for at least a year!
- Made from 100% biodegradable natural materials
- Effortless to use
- Reusable and long lasting
- 1 sponge cloth = 17 paper towel rolls + 5 kitchen sponges
- Ultra absorbent and quick to dry
- 100% Biodegradable
- Made in Sweden
- 100% Compostable
- Easily washable
- A reusable substitute for single-use disposable plastic cling wrap
- Extremely long lasting
- Feels soft and keeps your food fresh for a long time!
- Made from a linen-cotton blend & elastic
- Set includes knife, fork and spoon
- 100% biodegradable
- Super easy to clean
- Portable - Bring it to your picnics!
- Endlessly reusable platinum silicone
- Non-toxic and BPA Free
- Best alternative to plastic storage
- Long lasting and good quality zip
- Dishwasher and microwave safe
- Write on it!
- Perfectly fits your fruits and veggies including lemons, onions, tomato's, cucumbers, and many more
- Reusable and long lasting
- Better alternative to plastic wrap
- Set of 4 lovely colors
Zero Waste Cleaning
You can help reduce the amount of waste produced in your household by switching to more eco-friendly products.
11. Sisal Brush
- 5 reusable brushes made of high quality brushes
- Oval Scrub Brush - Cleans everything from the bathroom to the kitchen
- Dish Washing Brush - Perfect for scrubbing all your dishes with ease
- Pot Scrubbing Brush- Remove even the toughest stains
- Bottle Brush - Fits into tiny spots to effeciently clean
- Fruit and Veggie Brush - Gently cleans fruits and veggies without any issues
- Super absorbent
- Made from 100% natural materials
- Long Lasting!
- Ideal for cleaning dishes, stoves, porcelain, countertops, pots, and for bathroom purposes
- Resists bacterial odour
Zero Waste Bathroom
Your bathroom is the perfect place to start practicing sustainable living. The abundance of scented products wrapped in plastic and disposable items such as toilet paper, cotton swabs, and other single-use items add up to your smallest room being a waste generator!
When it comes to your bathroom there's an abundance of scented products wrapped in plastic that aren't easily recycled—add this with disposables like toilet paper or even cotton swabs & you have yourself one big mess on hand. Your home might be small but when it comes to sustainability its better than most rooms out there so let’s get started by recycling all those things we don’t really need any more (like bath bombs!).
- Bamboo Stems
- Set of 200
- 100% Recyclable
- Zero Waste
- No plastic - it’s fantastic!
- Eco-friendly solution
- Bamboo handle is 100% biodegradable and composable but bristles must be removed.
- Reusable and long lasting
- The bristles of the Bamboo toothbrush are made of high-quality nylon for better brushing.
- To prolong the life of your toothbrush store it in a way that it remains dry between uses.
15. Bath Bombs
- Relives lactic acid build up from your muscles
- Leaves your skin feeling fresh and rejuvenated
- Smells great and helps alleviate stress
- Helps reduce signs of skin conditions
The products mentioned in this article can be used to help you live a more sustainable lifestyle. This includes reducing your use of plastics and single-use disposable items, recycling what you have, and choosing natural materials that are easier on the environment. Try some of these tips today!